So yesterday at school i had English, and everyday we have a writing prompt. My class is in the middle of the The Canterbury Tales and we were about to start the Women of Bath. And so our prompt was What do women want most?
Then Mrs. Meyer asked everyone to go around and say one one word that that tells us what their paper was about. The Guys went fist and their answers consisted of love, acceptance, respect, money, and of course A sugar daddy. The Girls where up next and our answers held words like friendship, soul mate, love, and beauty. And we had arguing for both sides of "women don't actually want that", and the guys misunderstanding one of the words and applying it to the wrong concept.
My word was that women was to be pursued. At least i do. What women want do not only apply to what they want out of men. Women want to be seen, heard, respected, accepted, and loved. But don't they have a root of wanting to be pursued by a man in a romantic relationship or by a another person just by a friendship.
I am not every women. But i know that i want to be pursued. I want to be me, and have someone see that and enjoy who i am and purse a relationship with me because of that. I want relationships that are real and hard but worth fighting for and worth the pursuit. I also want to have friendships where i feel like i am being pursued just as much as i am pursuing.
I am not every women but i believe that some where in every women the idea of pursuit is very existent and wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment