I have come to the conclusion that my homework is still going to be around after i finish this blog so i can wright and be ok with putting it off for a wail. Today held my first real college day with K's definition or it. I had a freak out this morning. Which i fond most unfortunate because tuesdays should be my relax day.
The first part of my freak out happened at a unholy hour of the morning where i found my self waking up from a nightmare and could not go back to bed because a part of the dream was that i had not checked into class the day before so i would have an absence in that class. As i started to think the thought of oh it was only a dream i realized it was totally true. This would be the second time i had done this IN A WEEK!!! Are you freaking kidding me?
My next episode happened about 4 hours latter when i woke up from my half slumber to my roommates alarm'S(yes this S is suppose to be capitalized) and was excited about the fact that i did not have to get up because it was tuesday, but wait i was suppose to have a meeting with my college writing prof last week on tuesday........ and she could not do it.........SNAP! I HAVE A MEETING WITH MY PROF!!!!!! I knew i had luckily fixed my paper already which was the point of the meeting yet i was not ready. So i made my coffee and breakfast and ate wail checking over the paper one more time for sure, wail waiting for my roommate to get out of the bathroom so i could get in and get ready.
I jumped into the bathroom and worked on how i was going to fix my absence problem again. Time did not allow me to blow dry my hair because i still wanted to look over my notes for a quiz that would take place in an hour and a half. Which brings us to part three, my binder held everything but my homework due that day. WHERE IS THAT PAPER!?! I thought i had done it...... had i forgotten.....surly not.......I'll just print it again, i have time.......Wait its not in my folder......AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I AM SO SCREWED!!!!! ........Documents...... maybe i forgot to save it in that folder........where is it......NO!!, wait YES!!!!!! as i thought my hands in the air, victory was mine. i pressed print.
Ok, 8 min. before my meeting. I thought my binder in my backpack and ran to my meeting. I got there just in time and discussed everything i need to with my profs. Check ok now to McMath's office to face my absence. I was about to see if my practice talk with my self and the bathroom mirror was about to pay off. I knocked and poked my head into the open doorway. Him and another one of my profs were in there talking. I was welcomed in and put on a clammy yet somewhat clam smile and asked how both where doing. They smiled and said fine. And McMath asked how he could help me. I said that i had made the same mistake that i had last week and forgotten to sign into class. He smiled and walked to a cabinet with a stack of papers on top of it. He asked my name and a wave of relief came across me. I said Allison Johnson. He found my name and the paper and market it off. He then told me that he knew it was hard to remember sometimes and that i should not freak out. He then smiled in a way that told me, "yah you are not very good at hiding behind that smile." I then laughed and listened to him tell me that part of the learning process is that ever teacher will assign to much work, and you will feel overwhelmed. But they are helping us learn to breath and manage a lot at once. I smiled for real, took a breath and thanked him again. I left his office laughing at how much i was freaking out only half an hour earlier. I looked at my watch and saw that i had 30 min. left to study for my quiz that i had not been able to. I called Kaje on my way to study and laughed about my day with her for a little bit, then studied for class.
I am breathing now and laughing at how a small prayer i prayed paid off in such a small time. God took everything and made it so simple. It was a long day but it was epic. And i am looking forward to breathing and watching gLee tonight. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me smile to picture this whole scene unfolding for you....knowing some of what your "freak outs" look like ;)
ReplyDeleteI remember sleeping through my Freshman psych class on the day of the first big test....
ugh.
The joys of college life.
Thankful your prof's are proving to be understanding and kind.
Paragraph 4 was pure awesome to read.
ReplyDeleteI admit, I think I love days like that because they remind me that life is not over - even my freaking out emphasizes that not all is lost, that I'm not ready to give up quite yet. And when everything works out in the end... all the better. :)
You are awesome...I enjoyed the picture you painted with your words.
ReplyDeleteI especially loved how you ended your day with GLEE! Love you!