Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lord Give Me Strength


Today I am reminded of a since from the Movie Ever After. Danielle is about to try and save her dear friend who has been sold into slavery and is about to be shipped off to America because of the step mother had no money, so she was sacrificing him to pay her dept. Danielle is dressed above she status and is facing punishment of the stocks and humiliation if she is noticed, if she fails then she looses her friend. She can't not fail. But the one part that I was connately reminded of today was when her nerves are getting her and she is running but then she's her fiend and the slave keeper in her way of getting him back and she lets out the words

"Lord give me strength."

Today I know I utter this phrase serval times. I had a paper that is worth 25% of my grade due tomorrow and had 8 pages to go. 

It was said as a woman I care for took the huge step of being honest and going for something she hoped for.

It was said by Mary when looking at the man she loved knowing that he would soon know what the angle had told her. 

It was said by Joseph when he took Mary as his wife after she started showing, which was him practically telling the community that it was his fault that she was pregnant and that he was the one who would be shamed.

They said it together as they took off down the road to Bethlehem. 

Lord give me strength. WE know that we are not God based off the fact that we are weak. That we are dependent on things to survive. But that we also just need to say this phrase when the impossible is in front of us or when we ask our hearts if the risk is worth it and if hope is strong enough. 

During this session I am reminded of where I am weak and need help however where God is stronger and where this little phrase can bring so much joy and comfort when our tiredness and doubt creeps in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment