Monday, December 3, 2012

Thank You Audrey


Today I had to give a group presentation on the effects of Sexual Abuse in the lives of 6-9 year olds. As we where going thought our talk one last time before class started I could not catch my breath and I stumbled over my words. I was so frustrated and overwhelmed with performing. This topic is so important to me and I wanted to show that you have to be aware of this abuse and look for it so you can save other from going though it. It was not until one of the other girls came up for me and told me that thought out our entire meeting and all our talk I did best when I spoke from my past and my passion of this topic. At that moment I took a breath and stopped performing and became real. When I spoke the final time I felt very good about what I presented.  Regardless of the fact that I felt my heart ponding, and my voice felt shakier then ever I was real. And I connected to the topic in a place that was not about a grade but about truth and helping other with healing.  

 After one more class and lunch I came upstairs to my room and mindlessly looked at pintrest. Not something I’m proud to say I have but it works for mindlessly doing nothing. I then found a pin of Audrey Hepburn and one of her quotes...

 
 Once again I was hit by the grace and charm of one of my favorite women ever. 


There is something beautiful about brokenness and with this understand there is a huge need for….. 

Restoration 
Renewal 
Revival
Reclaiming
And redemption.   

I don't believe that Audrey Hepburn had intended this quote to be used for advent but it feels like the most amazing thing to talk about on my 3 day of blogging.  

Through the birth of Christ and his death on the cross we received all 5 qualities. But healing does not just come in thought the choose of salvation but thought out our entire lives. We have to fight for life in a broken world. 

For me today this required that I stop speaking in facts and that I spoke from my heart. I allowed something deep within me to shine out during a topic that I find important.   

This session where are you feeling restoration, renewal, revival, reclaiming, and redemption in your life and how are you speaking these truths into the live of those hurting around you? 

2 comments:

  1. Gods been bringing people in front of me to join me in those places for myself, and for me to join with others for them.
    lots of reclaiming right now for me. reclaiming some of the time and space that i tried to spend on myself.
    for myself and others, restoration of truth in our hearts.
    letting God fight for other people through me, and me staying out of the way, has been awesome to watch. its also been weird. i havent been used to waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful entry Allison. I love that you found once again where your heart seems tied to that Audrey.

    ReplyDelete